Personal Advisor – Leaving Care Team
Management Grouping: Education & Children’s Services
Team: Looked After Children & Permanence
Salary: £22,956 - £24,999 per annum plus Essential Car User Allowance
Contract: Permanent / 36 hours per week
Closing Date: 30 January 2019
Job Reference: ECS0000384
The London Borough of Bexley is looking for a committed and self-motivated person to provide support and advice to Care Leavers aged 18-25 as they make the transition from care to independence.
You will work within the leaving Care Team which is part of Bexley’s Looked After Children and Permanence Service.
You would hold a case load of care leavers providing 1:1 support, and undertaking the role of personal advisor as described in the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000 and the new Children and Social Work Act 2017. This includes reviewing and updating the Pathways Plan on a 6 monthly basis. The job is based in the Civic Offices, Bexleyheath but will involve meetings in education and training settings.
You will have experience of working with young people in a professional capacity and have an understanding of the challenges facing care leaver’s as they make the transition to independence. You will also have enthusiasm and creativity in engaging with young people.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service
What we offer:
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 23 days Annual Leave (rising to 27 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 30th January 2019
- Please visit our website to find out more and apply https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive/ CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers