Children’s Social Care in Havering is a fast improving service, innovating within the sector and has a clear vision on what are and how we achieve positive outcomes for children, young people and families. Following our recent OFSTED inspection children services achieved a Good rating.
We are on an upward journey to deliver outstanding support to people who need our services and our staff. We are achieving this in a range of ways;
- Delivery of accredited systemic practice across the whole workforce within the Social Care department. This is delivered in partnership with the Institute of Family Therapy.
- Two DfE funded Innovation Programmes focused on trying new ideas and changing how we work.
- ‘Obsessions’ where we focus on particular areas to strengthen them with our current focus on Assessments.
- Close working with partners to develop a DfE funded Teaching Partnership across East London.
- Strong partnerships across the UK, developing new tools and exchanging ideas.
- A Social Care Academy which defines the support and offer to all social care staff.
- A staff forum allowing the workforce across all of Children’s Services the chance to engage with their areas and senior management.
For more information, to see how our services are setup and to see our vision, please visit www.socialworkhavering.com.
Our offices are centrally located in Romford Town centre, with excellent transport connections. We are only 20 minutes from London Liverpool Street Station and from Spring 2019, Crossrail will connect East London to the West, significantly reducing journey times. Romford is in the hub of the Havering and our centralised bus system enables easy transports links across the entire borough. We offer onsite subsidised car parking, easily accessible within the M25, A12, A406 and A127.
Team Manager – Assessment Team
Grade 10- £48,495-£52,594 plus £4000 market supplement
- Directly manage a multi-disciplinary social work team and to support the implement the strategic planning of the service.
- To provide leadership management in the delivery of efficient operation services to ensure the delivery of high quality, fully integrated services to children, young people and their families in line with the requirements of national legislation (including government regulation, local policy and best practice.
- Provide direct oversight and decision-making on highly complex cases within the Group, and across the service area as required and to take a lead on key areas such as managing allegations against professionals, missing children, Newly Qualified social work development, etc.
- Deputise for the Group Manager/Team managers across the service
- Financial decision making and accountability for team budget within the agreed budgetary limits. Working with the wider management team to inform commissioning and market management/development to ensure service provision meets local need and delivers improving outcomes for children and families and value for money
- To be responsible for assigned projects
- Responsible for the HR management, performance and resource allocation for the team and to manage the ongoing development of the service through the continuous improvement and performance management structures
- Support Face to Face working and guide collaborative partnership working with multi-agencies and across other social work teams in providing high-level professional support to front line social work staff /advanced SW Practitioners.
You should be committed to being a part of a strong team. The ability to be pro-active and hit the ground running will enable you and your team to provide our service users with a high quality service
- Experience of working with children and families including complex assessments and statutory work.
- Experience of direct working with children and adults from vulnerable groups.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary interagency basis and ability to negotiate on behalf of service users.
- Substantial (e.g. minimum of 3 years) post qualification experience in a statutory setting.
- CQSW or CSS or DipSW.
- Evidence of post qualification study.
- Recent post qualification training in working with children & families and child protection e.g. PQ Child Care Award; AMP; Achieving Best Evidence.
- Practice teaching award or a willingness to undertake this training.
- Current HCPC registration.
- Experience of mentoring and supervising newly qualified
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please note the CV's will not be accepted
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Help Desk on: 01708 432770
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 9th February 2018 however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful. Interviews be scheduled for soon after. Please contact Kerry Cattle tel 01708 431187 Kerry.firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries.