About the role
We are seeking a qualified Commercial Finance Manager to service 5 companies that have recently been established as a result of the transfer of Facilities Management, Catering and Cleaning services to commercial limited companies from the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham. Based in Dagenham and reporting to the Finance Director of the Barking & Dagenham Trading Partnership Limited you will have a unique opportunity to work collaboratively in developing these commercialised businesses who together have annual turnover of £40m.
You will manage a small team and will need to liaise with and extract best use of a shared services team. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- The production of commercially robust management accounts and ad hoc information.
- Preparation of annual budgets and business plans.
- Working capital reporting and cash management.
- Financially evaluating individual contract proposals.
- Providing commercial accounting support to operational management.
- Supporting commercial tenders.
- Ongoing business system reviews
- Ensuring that month end transaction processing has been completed fully within agreed timescales.
About the ideal candidate
We are looking for individuals who are ambitious to develop themselves, their teams and the businesses. You will be fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), with excellent communication skills and a highly organised individual. In addition to this good IT skills including Excel would be beneficial.
In April 2017, LBBD’s Cabinet approved the creation of a single, wholly-owned, trading company with two arms: one delivering repairs and maintenance (R&M) services, principally for the Council’s retained housing stock; the other delivering catering, cleaning and some subsidiary services (Traded Services), principally for schools within the Borough.
We offer a competitive pay package, a positive approach to flexible working, investment in your learning and development as well as a commitment to your wellbeing.