About Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
Hillingdon is a diverse London borough with excellent links to the cityand central areas as well as Buckinghamshire and Berkshire.
About the job
This is a full time opportunity in our Planning Enforcement team. Our Planning Enforcement Team are keen torecruit an enthusiastic Planning Enforcement Officer to assist with the effective delivery of the Councilsdevelopment management service. Your caseworkwill be varied and reflect the full range of planning enforcementinvestigations including investigationson residential and commercial development as well as any unauthorised works inour conservation areas and extensive green belt.
The main duties of the role involve investigation of potential breaches of planning control within a busy planning enforcement environment. This will involve undertaking site inspections across the Borough together with interviewing members of the public, owners and occupiers of the land plus applying your own investigative skills and liaising with colleagues across the Council. Strong communication skills are therefore essential as will be your ability to manage and prioritise your case load.The post-holder will be involved in, and will assist with all stages of the investigation and enforcement process including the preparation and service of Planning Enforcement Notices together with assisting in the prosecution process where necessary, helping to provide an end to end service from the receipt of a complaint through to the investigation and closure of cases.
About the person
We are looking forsomeone with an enthusiasm to learn the intricaciesof the planning enforcement process. Ideally you would have a background in investigation andenforcement work with previous local government experience in planningenforcement preferable.You should be able to communicate in writing or verbally with a range of audiences, including complainants and those about whom a complaint is made. You will also be required to engage with elected members on a wide range of planning enforcement matters.
We are looking for an individual that enjoys working within a team, works well with people, and is able to manage a busy schedule of investigative work.
For more information about the role, please contact Noel Kelly by telephone on 01895 558353 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- childcare vouchers in school summer holidays
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses