Are you interested in local government finance? Want to kick-start your career but find it hard to get into an entry-level position? Well, the ‘County of Opportunity’ can provide a great salary within full-time work whilst you work towards a highly desirable qualification.
Hertfordshire County Council has an exciting opportunity for two apprentices to join our Finance Team. We offer:
- A 15 month fixed-term position earning £16k per year (with option to renew for another 12 months and annual pay increase subject to exam and work performance)
- Paid day release, once a week to attend North Herts College (Stevenage) to study AAT level 3
- Generous exam and holiday allowance
- Varied work and responsibilities within different areas of finance
- Mentor & Buddy scheme – receive advice and guidance through your time at HCC from one of our experienced finance employees
Hertfordshire County Council has a team of 80 finance professionals working in its finance service who provide financial support to departments such as Children's Services, Fire, Adult Care Services and Public Health. With annual revenue spend i.r.o. £2 billion, Finance play a pivotal role in ensuring the Council allocates its money efficiently and keeps transparency with Hertfordshire’s one million residents through producing the Budget Plan and Statement of Accounts.
What we require:
- Minimum Level 2 AAT qualification is essential
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s, achieving grades A-C in Maths and English or equivalent
- Proof of your right to work in the UK, without the requirement of sponsorship
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Sue Provenzano on 01992 556162; email@example.com or Edward Chaloner on 01992 555968; firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend the interview/ assessment centre on Wednesday 6th February 2019.