Mole Valley lies at the heart of Surrey. The towns of Dorking and Leatherhead are the District’s main centres.
Our purpose built open-plan offices have recently been refurbished. We are located opposite the Sports Centre which offers a swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café and Dorking Halls, which provides a range of facilities including a café, cinema, theatre and concerts.
About the role
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for three enforcement professionals to join a new and exciting Joint Enforcement Team for Mole Valley.
You will be joining a friendly, supportive and forward thinking team at the start of something new with opportunities for personal and professional development. You will be the ‘eyes and ears’ of our Community Safety & Enforcement Team, working to help resolve cases of anti-social behaviour and environmental crime. You will be an important member of the team who will gather evidence and issue Fixed Penalty Notices when necessary.
As well as being experienced in an enforcement role, you will be good at building relationships and an excellent communicator who is confident at talking to members of the public. You will be someone whose understanding of community needs drives you to provide good customer service. You will also be proactive, able to work on your own initiative and able to respond well in confrontational situations.
We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with our annual Performance and Development Review and identify training and career development opportunities.
• 22 days holiday a year plus a further allocated day at Christmas rising to 28 days after 5 years’
• Scheme to purchase additional annual leave and eligibility for potential additional days through the flexi-time scheme providing the ability to take additional days off when the business allows
• Substantial employers contribution into the local government pension scheme
• Free parking
• Remote and flexible working. Laptops will be provided for all employees enabling remote working by arrangement with the manager based on the needs of the service.
• Wellbeing package including:
o Cycle scheme
o Free eye tests
o Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
o Yearly flu jab
o Discounts at local shops & businesses, films and shows at Dorking Halls and at the café
o Ability to participate in targeted activities during regular ‘Wellbeing Weeks’
• Located opposite Dorking Sports Centre which offers a 6 lane 25m swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Stella Keen on 01306 870603. Alternatively you can contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applicants: 29 January 2019
Interview dates: 5 February 2019