Job Title: Housing Options Caseworker
Post Number: 004851
Salary: Grade 6 £29,055 - £32,233 (pro rata for hours worked)
Working Hours: 21 hours a week (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday)
Location: Daneshill House
The Heart of a Town Lies in its People and at Stevenage Borough Council our people are at the heart of what we do. Stevenage is being transformed and Stevenage Borough Council is leading the change with its “Future Town Future Council” strategic vision.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and resilient professional to join our Housing Options Team. The role of a Housing Options Caseworker involves providing customers with housing advice with a strong focus on preventing and relieving homelessness; seeing customers through all stages of the process including personalised housing plans and a decision on their homeless application if prevention or relief has not been possible.
A DBS check and a value based interview will be carried out for this post
You will have:
- The ability to work on your own initiative and flexibility in dealing with varying workloads.
- Ability to manage your own caseload including managing customers’ expectations, assisting customers to take steps to resolve their own housing need, attend multi-agency meetings and take part in duty cover.
- You will have effective communication and negotiation skills who can engage with customers in a demanding environment in order to find solutions.
The council provides a great range of benefits for its staff, including –
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
- Generous leave entitlement
- Free workplace parking
Application form, job description and person specification
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept CV’s.
Please read the guidance notes on completing the application form before proceeding with your application.
- Guidance Notes - completing the application form
- Apply online
- Downloadable Application Form (Word)
- Downloadable Application Form (PDF)
- Job Description and Person Specification
This post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applications must be returned by 10am on Monday 21 January 2019
For an informal discussion please contact Alison Baggott on 01438 242242
Download further information and an application form below or alternatively contact:
Human Resources Department
Stevenage Borough Council
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for all. For further information please use the link below:
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by the Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children Board Safe Staffing Handbook 2010.