Brighton and Hove Independence at Home are a short term domiciliary care service working with vulnerable people in the community in regaining their Independence.
We are seeking applicants with excellent communication and customer service skills who are flexible and adaptable to change within a fast moving service. As the role is office based general I.T. and administrative skills are essential and a willingness to learn and work as a part of a team is key to the role.
Contract: 1 x full time 37 hours per week working on a three week Rota pattern. Permanent.
Purpose of the Job:
- To receive and agree new referrals for packages of care from various sources by identifying availability within Independence at Home capacity.
- To provide a high quality, comprehensive duty service for first point of contact for Independence at Home service users, support workers and other professionals and contribute to an out of hours rota.
- To liaise with managers to ensure excellent service provision and to administer the day to day planning and duty functions and administration support within a busy environment.
Location: Beech Cottage, Woodingdean
Main advert detail
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills both in a variety of formats from different sources
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal effectively with customers who have diverse and complex needs
- Demonstrable/proven ability to handle sensitive situations effectively and calmly
- Ability to work under pressure; prioritise and to use initiative
- Proven ability to operate IT systems effectively, including databases, word-processing and spread sheets
- Ability to work in a flexible and co-operative way in a team and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- To be able to demonstrate commitment to the principle of Equalities and to be able to carry out duties in accordance with the Council’s Equalities Policy
- Experience of dealing with communication from different sources in a variety of formats.
- Experience of working in either a social care/health environment with a variety of people, problems and service situations or experience of working within a customer service environment and handling and resolving customer queries and problems.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both in a variety of formats from different sources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal effectively with customers who have diverse and complex needs.
- Demonstrable/proven ability to handle sensitive situations effectively and calmly.
- Ability to work under pressure; prioritise and to use initiative.
- Proven ability to operate IT systems effectively, including databases, word-processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work in a flexible and co-operative way in a team and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Brighton & Hove City Council – Taking Action for Equality.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
Operation Support Manager
Closing date: 20 January 2019
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.