Anston Park Junior School - 44 Park Avenue, North Anston, Sheffield S25 2LG
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring individual to work with our most vulnerable children. As Safeguarding and Pastoral Lead you will play a vital role in the development and running of systems that provide care and support for pupils and their families.
Your role will involve:
- Supporting and building effective relationships with parents/carers
- Enabling children to be successful by promoting excellent attitudes towards learning and behaviour
- Provide 1:1 mentoring and emotional support for identified children
- Support the DSL in the implementation of child protection policy and procedures
- Ensuring that children are kept safe and work positively with a range of professionals to protect children
- Working closely with other members of staff
- Liaising with external agencies to provide outstanding pastoral care
- Attending and participating in Child Protection Conferences, Review and Planning meetings and Child in Need meetings whilst working closely with colleagues in Children’s Services as required. On some occasions, these may take place out of normal working hours.
- Tracking and evaluating the quality and impact of provision.
- Cover lessons when necessary
In return we offer:
- A happy caring school where we believe every child’s potential counts
- Eager enthusiastic children
- Hard working staff and governors
- Supportive parents
- An induction offer which includes continuing professional development
It is essential that you possess GCSE grade A* - C in Mathematics and English or equivalent and have recent experience of working with primary age children.
Closing Date: Monday 21st January 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
Visits are warmly welcomed to arrange an informal visit please contact the head teacher Mrs Amanda Bartholomew 01909 550779 or firstname.lastname@example.org