We have part-time and full-time hours available.
Key benefits – Why work for Rotherham?
• Strong support from your Manager
• You will be developed into an excellent practitioner – access to an extensive range of in-house and external training.
• Developing your Social Work skills around safeguarding, Best Interest Assessor role, Continuing Health Care
• Career Pathway
• The opportunity to make a real difference adults and their families in Rotherham
ABOUT THE TEAM
The My Front Door Team is a newly established team and has is focussed upon ‘providing a life not a service’ for individuals with a Learning Disability. The team focus on a personalised approach with key emphasis on conversations around maximising independence, what is important to & important for the person.
My Front Door….. is a reference to providing and supporting people with learning disabilities to live a life rather than a fixed view on accessing traditional services. The premise is everyone should be entitled to have their own front door whether it is in their own home, shared accommodation, residential care or living with family.
RMBC have recognised the importance of providing targeted support with people with a Learning Disability through a time of change. As a Social Worker within the team you will provide support from point of contact throughout the adults journey through the assessment and support planning process.
The team are supported by the local RDASH Learning Disability Service to ensure a multidisciplinary focus on all interventions. We also work closely with Brokerage and Reablement Service.
The team structure has a Head of Service, Operational Manager and a Team Manager with a mixed group of practitioners from experienced unqualified staff to senior Social Workers. We are passionate about championing the needs of adults with a Learning Disability and determined to ensure that their voices are always heard and taken into account.
• You will have experience of working Adults
• You will have knowledge and application of relevant legislation, guidance and procedures
• You will have experience of commissioning services in a statutory social work setting
• You will have experience of assessments and reviews of adults
• You will have the ability to build a rapport and develop a relationship adults people with disabilities, including ascertaining views, wishes and feelings
• You will have experience of or an active interest in working with people with a Learning Disability
• You will have experience of working in partnership with parents and carers
• You will be able to work together with multi-agency partners, particularly in relation to health services & Continuing Health Care
• You will be passionate about maximising independence