Data Quality Officer
Job reference: 2126-2618
Reference number - 2126-2618
Location - Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary - Band 5 £9,206 - £10,326 p.a. for part time
Job type/hours - Permanent - Part Time 18.5 hours per week
Closing time/date: 17:00 on the 16th January 2019
Interviews will be held on the 24th January 2019
The Education Information and Performance Team is responsible for the management of education information for Portsmouth City Council and its partners, including collecting statutory data, and providing analysis and interpretation of data about children and young people.
Reporting to one of two Information Analysts in the team, you will:
- Provide specific support to ensure data quality in the Local Authority's central pupil database, liaising with education colleagues and schools to ensure data accuracy.
- Carry out regular data cleaning tasks within the Capita One Education database and the Core+ Post 16 database.
- Support the Information Assistant to ensure information is collected in a timely, complete and accurate manner from schools and other colleagues.
- Encourage co-operation from schools, colleges and training providers and all other stakeholders that are required to record and return data, through a proactive approach.
- Provide proactive guidance and training for schools and internal colleagues to ensure data quality issues are minimised and prevented.
- Provide engaging communications through bulletins and meetings to promote opportunities to improve data quality.
- Make recommendations to develop information systems and business processes to improve data quality.
- Ensure that managers are fully informed of any issues to ensure data is accurate and timely.
We are looking for someone with excellent literacy and numeracy skills along with an understanding of the importance of data quality and how it can be maintained and improved. If you have the above and experience of database management, application and interrogation then please apply.
For more information and the full job description please follow the link…