Job Title: Senior Admin Support Officer
Location: Farnham House, Stevenage
Starting Salary: £19,819 pa (progressing to £21,693 pa) pa
Hours: 37 per week
- Excellent customer care, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately within a strict legal framework
- Excellent administrative and computer skills and fully competent in using a wide range of computer packages
- Some experience of working with Adult Social Care or Legal administration would be desirable
The Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) Team is part of the Adult Care Services department and is responsible for overseeing the assessment and authorisation of DoLS applications. A person is considered to be deprived of their liberty if they have a mental disorder and lack the mental capacity to make decisions about their care, are not free to leave and are under continuous supervision and control. We are a busy but supportive team, who have come under some pressure following a case law change in 2014 which saw the number of DoLS referrals greatly increase. The Senior Support Officers in our team are vital to the smooth running of the service and their administrative knowledge and competency is very much relied upon by our social and health care practitioners. This is your chance to be part of a busy team that is at the forefront in the protection of people’s human rights. The team is flexible, responds quickly to change and is never complacent.
Responsibilities also include:
- Accurate recording of DoLS referrals on our ACSIS social care database, from application through to assessment and authorisation
- Identifying and referring urgent applications for triage by an Advanced Practitioner
- Developing a sound knowledge of the DoLS process in order to support colleagues and other professionals
- Overseeing the team inbox and phone, working on your own initiative to respond to queries and escalating issues as required.
*Flexible working arrangements
*Excellent Career Development
*Salary exchange for additional benefits
*Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions
*Discounts on everyday shopping/holidays/entertainment/leisure along with cashback with our Herts Rewards Scheme
*Occupational maternity / paternity and adoption pay
*Excellent Wellbeing schemes
If you think you have what is required and you are ready for a challenging yet very rewarding role then please apply now to find out more.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Lucy Dodd on 01438 843800.
Closing Date: Sunday 20th January 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 29th January 2019