Strategy and Performance Manager
Management Grouping: Finance & Corporate Services
Team: Strategy, Improvement & Insight
Salary: £43,752 - £51,063 - inclusive of Choices Flexible Benefits of £2,322 pa
Contract: Permanent – 36 hours
Closing Date: 21st January 2019
Job reference: FCS0000120
We are currently looking for a Strategy & Performance Manager who will lead and manage a team to deliver a comprehensive, high quality, cost effective and timely Strategy & Performance service to Members, Corporate Leadership Team, colleagues, partners and external bodies such as government departments and regulators.
You will act as a Business Partner to one or more service Directors, organising / drawing upon resources across the Council to help deliver their strategy and agenda.
Substantial experience of working at the heart of a local authority and experience of developing & implementing evidence-based policy responses to key and cross-cutting issues are essential. You will also have substantial experience of successful performance management, contributing to improvement, in a complex field, experience of using data and information to meet identified objectives, excellent analytical skills and the ability to prepare clear and concise reports on complex issues and in formats suitable for a variety of audiences.
What we offer:
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,322 per annum
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
The Strategy, Performance and Insight Team is part of the grouping of corporate services that supports Directorates across the Council. It focuses on strategy and policy development; the Commissioning Cycle leading with needs analysis, outcome development and evaluation; raising Bexley’s profile through lobbying, awards and briefings; analysing data or developing outcomes data sources and information sharing; and through the Insight function, understanding how the borough is changing and issues arising to inform response by services.
If you require further information about the post, please contact Sakthi Suriyaprakasam by e-mailing Sakthi@bexley.gov.uk
- Closing Date for your application: 21/01/2019
- Please visit our website to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: 29/01/2019
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers