£18,564 per annum
Fixed term 24 months
You will need a minimum of 5 A* to C GCSE passes (new grades; 9 to 4) including Maths and English, or equivalent e.g. Level 2 qualification.
Priority is given to those who meet the criteria below:
1.You are aged 16 – 24.
2.The applicant must be eligible to work in the UK
3.You are not in full time education.
4.You do not have a degree or professional qualification.
5.You are willing to undertake a National Vocational Qualification NVQ2/3.
6.Priority (but not exclusivity) will be given to Merton residents to support local economic development.
For the purposes of the Apprenticeship scheme a Merton resident is defined as:
• Any person currently residing within the Local Authority area.
• Any person who is or was previously Looked After by the Local Authority or who was subject to a Supervision or Care Order (or Child Protection Plan) regardless of their current place of residence.
Also to be considered are non-resident people with a link to the borough:
• Any person who has previously resided within the Local Authority area and who continues to have family links within the Local Authority area.
• Any person who resides in a neighbouring borough but completed their education within Merton Local Authority area.
7. Next priority (but not exclusivity) will be given to people in neighbouring boroughs to support local economic development.
8. Finally anyone else provided they can travel to and from the borough to complete the apprenticeship (to be tested at interview).
South London Legal Partnership
South London Legal Partnership have embraced change with the formation of a five Borough Shared Service providing legal services to Merton, Richmond, Kingston, Sutton and Wandsworth Councils.
We are working in an exciting innovative environment where we are providing high quality legal services to our clients. Our ethos is based on excellent client care where we have a can do attitude.
We are seeking to recruit a legal apprentice who is ambitious and has decided to pursue a vocational rather than academic (uni) route. You need to have high levels of motivation, and be as confident dealing with clients as you are studying a textbook, possessing excellent communication skills - both verbal and written. You'll be willing to work hard and not afraid to ask questions.
We are looking for positive, adaptable people who relish working in a challenging, exciting environment and who are willing to engage and contribute fully to the success of the service as it continues to develop.
So if you’re full of ideas, enthusiasm and hard-working values, then consider a career with the South London Legal partnership