Schools Business Manager
Salary Grade Range: NJC P05
Actual Salary: £43,504-£46,347 depending on experience and skills
Contract: Full-Time All year round (term time only is a possibility)
Required for an immediate start or as soon as possible thereafter
Drayton Park and Montem are federated primary schools in the heart of Islington. We are seeking a Schools Business Manager to work across both settings. We are happy, vibrant and creative schools that encourage positive attitudes to learning and where staff, pupils and the wider community come together to provide the highest standards of education. In our last Ofsteds (May 2016 at Drayton Park and July 2017 at Montem), both schools were graded ‘Good’.
Both schools serve disadvantaged communities and are facing falling budgets. The federation is relatively new (since Sept 2017) and has huge, as yet unrealised potential.
- Someone who wants to make a positive difference to children’s lives.
- Someone with successful leadership and management experience in a school, or a relevant field outside
- Someone with expert knowledge of financial and administration management in schools.
- A creative, flexible, strategic thinker.
- Great at solving problems in positive ways.
- Great at collaborating with colleagues.
- Able to lead on maximising efficiency and creating income.
- Committed to following the school’s policies and ethos, whilst helping us make them even better.
- Good at using feedback and support to develop yourself and others.
- Committed to nurturing partnerships with parents and the wider community.
- An ambitious commitment to learning for all.
- Pride in our diversity and sense of community.
- A dynamic partnership, needing strategic financial leadership and change.
- Great children who want to learn.
- Supportive and creative management and Governance, with ambitious expectations.
- A strong sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- A commitment to excellent professional development for all staff.
Closing date: Monday 21st January 2019 Midday Interview dates: Friday 25th January 2019.
To apply, (http://www.montem.islington.sch.uk/198/vacancies). Alternatively, please apply online on www.islington.gov.uk, following the jobs link. If you need any assistance please email the HR Team at email@example.com quoting reference number MTM/243.
Drayton Park and Montem Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants.