Post: Project Manager (LA New Build)
Grade: Scale PO4
Hours: 35 hours per week
The Capital Projects team within RBG are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the team delivering LA new build housing (LANB) across the Borough. The LANB programme is a phased approach to delivering affordable housing across the Borough utilising existing land available.
The successful candidate will manage the delivery of the current phases of the LANB projects right from identification of the sites, through design and construction, up to practical completion and handover to the asset management team. The role will act as the first point of contact at for Contractors and Service providers. A key function of this important role is to undertake the extensive internal stakeholder management that is required to take the project through to completion.
The right candidate will:
- Have a good awareness of project management processes and be able to apply them
- Have knowledge and experience of construction processes and methods
- Have a good understanding of affordable housing and associated statutory requirements
- Be a strong communicator both written and verbal
- Be aware of Local Authority approval processes and have the ability to navigate these processes to gain approvals.
- Have strong IT skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Be able to prioritise workload, multi-task and keep calm under pressure.
Be pro-active with the ability to act on your own initiative.
Closing date: 31st January 2019.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.