We are looking to recruit a Business Support Officer to work within our Business Support Service in Health & Adult Social Care.
Fixed Term contract to 31 March 2020
Main advert detail
We are seeking a candidate who has an administrative background with excellent organisation skills; able to use own initiative; confident; able to cope with focussed checking of data; and able to converse with all levels of management and the public.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work to time targets and able to prioritise their work to accommodate targets.
- High proficiency and accuracy in minute taking of Adult safeguarding and mental capacity meetings, some of which are held off site, to a standard to be presented at judicial hearings.
- Ability to accommodate and cope with service changes sometimes at short notice.
- Knowledge/experience of Deprivation of Liberties.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety At Work.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the function of occupational therapists and sensory technicians.
- Knowledge/awareness of data protection legislation.
You would be part of a business support team comprising 7 staff members. Regular supervision is offered, flexible working , training, plus discounts on a range of goods and services.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
Closing Date: 13 January 2019
Interview Date: 23 January 2019
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Basic Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employees at risk of redundancy) is identified.