Cookham Dean Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School is a very successful village school, in an area of outstanding natural beauty. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, caring and hard working person to join our small, friendly and supportive team.
The After School Club Playworker will be the heart and soul of this newly established exciting venture. We are therefore looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic and experienced individual with a passion for working with children to join the team as soon as possible.
This role offers a great deal of variety. The successful candidate will lead and contribute to lots of different activities, with no two days alike. The postholder will create a fantastic atmosphere that helps make the after school time relaxing and enjoyable for all the children involved. The After School Club Playworker is responsible for supervising the children, ensuring their safety at all times, engaging with them in aspects of play and conversation, setting up activities for children to optionally take part in, meeting and greeting parents and providing them with feedback on their child’s time at the club and preparation of snacks.
All staff in the team will adhere to the safeguarding requirements of the School.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and attributes:
- NVQ level 3 childcare qualification;
- paediatric First Aid qualification (desirable);
- previous experience working with children;
- enthusiastic and organised with excellent communication skills and good sense of initiative;
- fun loving, caring, responsible, compassionate, committed, creative, responsible;
- flexible team player willing to take on various tasks as required.
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary depending on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
- A warm, caring, safe and happy environment
- Extremely motivated and well behaved children
- Supportive parents, Governing Body and school staff team.
To apply, please complete an application form and send it with your supporting letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 11 January 2019
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS will be sought from the successful candidate.