An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a forward-thinking ICT Team. Following the successful migration to Cloud services the position of Line of Business Technical Analyst has become available. The Analyst will work with the Senior Technical analyst in the prioritisation of incidents and Service requests primarily for Business Applications. The Analyst will provide support to customers via the telephone or face to face, ensuring that customers receive a high level of service at all times, issues are resolved effectively, and customers are kept fully informed of progress. Take on responsibility for managing some routine team tasks, liaise with 3rd parties and support project-based activity.
The role is to analyse, enhance, run relevant agreed routine jobs and support Business Applications creating a culture of continual service improvement.
In line with their specific technical skills and experience, the Analyst will respond to incidents, deliver specific service requests, work on tasks to maintain and improve the ICT Service and support project-based activity.
Skills and Abilities – Essential
- Ability to analyse customer needs and to make own decisions within prescribed processes regarding the action to be taken
- A good understanding of problem management.
- Sound experience of communicating effectively with a wide range of people, proven ability to resolve conflict.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply exceptional customer care skills.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with high level of attention to details.
- Fully aware of the service desk processes and procedures and their purpose; able to relate own work to team plans and ICT Strategy
- Quick and accurate keyboard literacy skills for data entry.
- Flexible and adaptable approach.
Special Knowledge – Essential
- Substantial experience of working within an IT Infrastructure and business applications.
- IT skill qualifications or equivalent evidence of significant IT skills and a good understanding of IT infrastructure and data security.
As the Council continues with the transformation agenda, this job role will continue to evolve to fit into the new working practices of the organisation.
To apply for this vacancy using our quick and easy on-line application method, click on this link:
For an informal discussion please contact Tim Huggins on 01277 312933.
Brentwood Council is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. People with disabilities will be offered an interview where they meet the Essential Criteria on the Person Specification.