Harrow Council is the 12th largest London Borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
Harrow Council’s Resources and Commercial directorate are currently recruiting for a Revenues Team Leader to join their Collections & Housing Benefits team. The post holder will report to the Revenues Service Manager and will take responsibility for and lead the processing teams dealing with the collection of Council Tax, Business Rates and BID’s. In addition they will also lead on the monitoring and management of the Council’s external resilience contract.
The successful post holder will supervise one of two administration, billing and collection teams within Revenues, allocate work, determine priorities and ensure that the team is running efficiently, whilst maintaining effective collection performance and ensuring that revenue is maximised within firm but sensitive guidelines.
The post holder will also support and assist the Service Manager – Revenues in ensuring the continuous improvement of the service via Harrow’s Performance Management System and taking timely and appropriate action if it appears that individual and service Performance Targets and Standards appear unlikely to be achieved.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
- In depth knowledge of Revenues legislation
- In depth user experience of Northgate and Civica System or other Revenues and Dip & Workflow systems
- Substantial experience of working in a Revenues office in a supervisory role
- Experience of supporting main billing and of Year End rollover, together with relevant knowledge of the importance of parameter setting and timing of runs.
- Experience of Project work and report writing
- Experience of data analysis, modelling and presentation through excel, Business Objects etc.
- Ability to work under pressure with good interpersonal skills and articulate.
For additional information please refer to the Role Profile/ Selection Criteria.
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION.