Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
Hillingdon is a borough of contrasts; the semi rural north of the borough is almost exclusively designated as Green Belt land, whist the south is urban and suburban in character and contains major development sites, our first housing zone and or course, Heathrow airport. We are passionate about our town centres, open spaces and putting residents first. With such a diverse range of planning issues, are you up for the challenge?
About the job
The post-holder will take a lead role in all aspects of Pre-Application submissions and Planning Performance Agreements (PPAs), the post holder would also be responsible for one of the Area Planning Committees and presenting cases to members. This is an exciting post which will take a lead in shaping the delivery of future planning submissions, working in conjunction with the Major Applications Manager and the Contracts Manager.
About the person
The ideal candidate should have relevant Town and Country Planning or equivalent qualifications; be a member of the RTPI or equivalent body; be able to demonstrate good experience and knowledge across planning with knowledge of dealing with applications and leading a team; IT literate; highly organised and an effective team worker. The successful candidate also needs to demonstrate a positive and proactive approach to leading the delivery of large scale projects.
For aninformal discussion about this post please contact Mandip Malhotra on 01895558384 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses