ECC Adult Social Care, through effective practice, is moving towards a transformational shift from a focus on long-term care support, to a model with four key principles: - prevention; early intervention; enablement and safeguarding.
This will enable people, their families and carers to access information and tools, live healthily and independently and for our function an opportunity to respond pro-actively to growing service demand in a sustainable way, within the financial constraints of the Council.
Social workers manage a caseload, including assessment of risk and purposeful intervention through direct work, commissioned services and review. Quality assuring interventions and balancing need with finance.
Educated to degree level with current registration and the ability to demonstrate practice in accordance with professional standards. Experience of developing strong working relationships with partners, other agencies and the voluntary sector to deliver improved outcomes.
- Assess complex social care needs and provide support to vulnerable adults, which enable them to live healthily and independently.
- Develop support plans that gain commitment to solutions that drive the care required for each individual's needs.
- Accountable for working within the statutory legal framework, policy and guidance and determining when the threshold for statutory intervention has been reached
- Work collaboratively building effective relationships with internal and external partnerships and stakeholders, and the voluntary sector to assist children and vulnerable people in gaining support for inclusivity from within the community.
- Accountable for conducting assessments and plan responses to safeguard a child or vulnerable adult include intervention as required.
- Develop a client centric approach which enables early intervention and prevention and increases independence.
- Pro-actively influences in a range of planning, decision making and case discussions inter-agency.
- Work with families, communities and individuals to help people age well supporting the Council's wider strategic aims.
Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level i.e. Diploma or degree in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent. Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a registered social worker
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement.
- Experience within a social care setting with evidence of challenging social and family situations.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals.
- Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for children and vulnerable adults.
- Understand the financial implications of care packages commissioned
Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on 033 005 83330*
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.