Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
Information and Communications Technology plays a crucial role in delivering and supporting the huge range of services provided by the London Borough of Hillingdon to our Residents. The London Borough of Hillingdon is transforming its ICT structure and introducing Agile Working Practices to advance technology and digital services. This transformation is taking place whilst effectively maintaining the on-going delivery of high quality ICT services and digital capabilities enabling us to continue providing excellent services to our Residents.
These are exciting times for ICT in Hillingdon and we are looking to fill a number of senior posts that can lead and embed these changes.
About the job
As the ICT Network Administrator you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Network, Telephony and perimeter security environment and infrastructure to ensure the effective, smooth, timely, efficient and secure functioning of these services.
You will design, plan, direct, coordinate and continuously improve the operational support of services, ensuring you meet or exceed agreed service levels.
About the person
Able to operate in a team, you will have;
- Experience as a Network Engineer or Administrator ensuring the uninterrupted provisioning of network services
- Significant ICT Network experience with demonstrable experience with Cisco solutions
- Experience of interfacing with the business and ensuring service levels are met
- Experience of Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Experience effectively implementing change
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Disability Confident Employer&Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy