Please note the annual salary is JNC points 8-11 £19,260 - £21,682 pro rata to 106 hours per year (3hr x 30 weeks plus 16 hours for training and supervision)
The post holder will also work face to face with young people in specific youth work provisions, supervising the development and delivery of youth work projects and work directly with young people in informal settings and maintain professional and purposeful relationships.
- Develop and deliver a programme of imaginative activities, encouraging the active participation and involvement of young people in developing their skills, understanding of others and the world around them within the project or unit of provision. Ensuring that young people and staff are fully involved in this process
- Facilitate young people's learning and their personal and social development in accordance with the core values of youth work
- If required establish, maintain and manage resources including staff
- Keep accurate and efficient administrative systems and record keeping
- Promote the programme to ensure that opportunities are accessible to targeted groups/individuals and respond to individual and group needs
- Provide information and data as required
- Take part in the Service supervision scheme and performance management scheme to identify priorities and learning needs, and to be responsible for the learning and development of staff reporting to the post taking account of the performance management process
- A nationally JNC recognised qualification in youth support work, minimum Level 2 (QCF, VRQ, NVQ or Local) with a willingness to undertake a relevant level three qualification
- Evidence of recent continuous professional development.
- Experience of working with innovative, social education programmes.
- Ability to develop work with young people to achieve planned outcomes.
- Experience of effective use of resources
- Ability to motivate staff.
- Experience of successfully involving young people in decision making processes.
- Knowledge and experience of youth work methods and techniques.
- Excellent level of numeracy, literacy (GCSE A - C or equivalent or demonstrable experience) and ICT
- The job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Depending on the geographical area, access to a vehicle or another efficient mode of transport will be required
- Work across Essex as per service need
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.