Here is a rare but exciting opportunity to join Brighton & Hove City Council’s Housing Estates Service Team.
We are looking for a co-ordinator to join us in a challenging but exciting role. You will be part of a supportive team working to provide a good administration service to ensure that the residents of the city are receiving an efficient and high standard cleaning and repair service.
Brighton & Hove is a vibrant and diverse city to live and work in. The Housing Estates Services Team aim is to provide residents with a high standard of service in our Council housing blocks.
We want you to feel supported and valued and offer fantastic benefits such as generous annual leave entitlement, opportunities to join staff forums, access to the Local Government Pension scheme and other staff benefits and discounts.
Main advert detail
The successful candidate will require:
- An understanding of cleaning and caretaking services.
- The ability to learn new systems and processes and good organisational skills to follow procedures to ensure that tight deadlines are met and all tasks are completed.
- Good co-ordination skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritise their own work and the work of others through the delegation of tasks
- Excellent numeracy and literary skills .
- Good customer Service Skills and the ability to communicate well by telephone, email and in writing. This will include dealing with high volumes of email communications.
- Good ICT skills including the ability to use spreadsheets, invoice processing and word processing.
- The ability to work well as part of a team with people in a variety of different cleaning and caretaking roles.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage BME, disabled, LGB, male and trans applicants as these groups are currently under-represented in our directorate workforce.
Housing Estates Manager
Brighton & Hove City Council
Unit 1 Fairway Trading Estate
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.