Continuous Improvement Manager
£46,578 pa - £49,458 pa
The Corporate PMO team at Newham Council is at the forefront of modernisation in Newham . In the face of reduced government funding, the London Borough of Newham is not reducing its ambition for its residents. The team’s work is an important part of maintaining that responsibility. Our focus is on delivering the Council’s transformational strategy and key mayoral priorities. The team is tasked with improving the delivery of the council’s existing priority projects and project management of new income streams or initiatives to close the budget gap left by years of public sector funding cuts.
Our projects include:
- Modernisation programme – transformation the way we work;
- Supporting large and complex commercial projects - unlocking value of existing assets and finding new investments to deliver social and financial returns to the Council; and
- Advising existing services on how to be more commercial – this doesn’t necessarily mean increasing prices but being innovative in our thinking.
Your new role:
Continuous Improvement Managers in the Corporate PMO team will be required to lead work streams across a variety of key projects within programmes.
You need to:
- Have advanced Business Analyst (BA) experience;
- Have work experience with Continuous Improvement at Strategic Level;
- Excellent Stakeholder engagement skills, with experience dealing with Directors and Executive Level stakeholders;
- Have excellent project management skills and a relentless focus on achieving results;
- Be able to build consensus across the Council;
- Be passionate about finding innovative ways to deliver commercial ideas in the public sector and be able to adapt readily to different types of projects;
- Identify new efficiencies and improvement opportunities;
- Understand financial information and budgets and interrogate financial data;
- Work on designing , automating, and reengineering important processes;
- Work with a range of services and advisors, to challenge and manage them to get the best result for Newham; and
- Steer projects through the Council’s internal governance processes.
We are seeking applications from individuals with various backgrounds who are passionate about what they do and keen to work with public services to improve the lives of peoples with an understanding of the broader political policies in place.
and will tailor project portfolios to team members so the list above is a guide only. Ultimately, we want quick learners, who can think ahead and take responsibility for their tasks.
You will have experience at management level on business analysis, change, project management and transformation.
We’re seeking people who are passionate about the ability of public services to improve people’s lives and understand the broader political and policy context in which you work.
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Employee Services Team on 0203 373 0909.