Holy Spirit Catholic Primary School, Poulsom Drive, L30 2NR.
Tel: 0151 525 7497
We are seeking a colleague who:
-Enjoys high expectations and is committed to high standards.
-Is very organised, motivated and has strong time management skills – being able to work productively whilst prioritising tasks effectively.
- Is articulate and able to converse well in spoken dialogue, both personally and over the telephone.
-Has an engaging personality and who remains positive and calm when things get busy – be ready to ‘always expect the unexpected!’
- Is friendly, enthusiastic and approachable and able to act as a ‘face of the school’ as the first ‘port of call’ for parents, visitors, staff and pupils, making visitors feel welcomed and comfortable.
- Is an excellent communicator, has strong interpersonal skills and is confident when dealing with the public and visitors.
-Is a dedicated team player who enjoys the challenge of learning and improving in their professional duties.
- Is a flexible thinker and who is able to use initiative well on a daily basis.
- Has strong verbal and written English skills and confidence and ability with all forms of ICT.
Job requirements: (can include)
Duties will include greeting visitors and parents in school, collecting, recording and balancing of school dinner/trip monies, liaising with the school’s neighbouring ‘cooking kitchen’ to ensure food orders and deliveries are correct, recording staff and pupil absences, keeping records of after school clubs, helping pupils with medication, dealing with telephone enquiries, updating the school website, inputting data into SIMS, arranging school trips and booking coaches, dealing with administration e-mails. Ensuring paperwork is suitably filed, accessible. Excellent interpersonal and ICT skills will be essential.
We can offer:
- The chance to work in a happy, welcoming and inclusive Catholic school and become part of the Holy Spirit family.
- The opportunity to work with committed staff in a friendly, team approach culture.
A strong culture of staff equality where all staff have the potential to develop and lead.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.