An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen in our Learning and Development team at Wokingham.
We are looking for a highly experienced Learning & Development Consultant to join our successful team on a short fixed term contract which may be converted to a permanent role at the end of the contract period, based on performance. The role will involve working on our corporate training and management development programmes.
To provide customer focused and efficient support and advice to teams across the Council, in order to support them in delivering the Council’s ambitions.
• Supporting the progress of people management solutions with stakeholders and Council service managers by providing pro-active, effective learning and development interventions.
• Contributing to corporate and service level projects and action groups, particularly but not exclusively in relation to people management issues.
The creative design and delivery of innovative, leading edge learning & development interventions including:-
* 1:1 coaching
* Classroom interventions
* Team based development
* Electronic and web based learning (e-learning authoring experience essential)
* The effective procurement of externally-delivered learning programmes and (where appropriate) the provision of specialist L&D expertise and advice to business stakeholders, HR colleagues and
* Supporting managers with practical L&D solutions, ensuring they understand the options available to them, to more effectively engage with and manage staff
* Ensuring cost efficient methods of delivering required L&D interventions
* Working in collaboration with other HR Colleagues to ensure co-ordination in project/policy development
Support in shaping the provision of L&D service in accordance with agreed SLA’s by:-
• providing advice on relevant L&D policies and practice
• conducting learning needs analysis
• conducting learning evaluation processes to inform service improvements
• supporting continuous improvements to the L&D service as it evolves to meet changing organisational needs
• Supporting the organisation through change
Closing date for applications: 11pm on 17th December 2018
Interviews will be held on 20th December 2018
Interested? For a copy of the job description and our competency framework visit our website or contact Edwin Fernandes on 07789 480524 for an informal chat.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.wokingham.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers/
Please note that CVs are not accepted.
If you have any queries about the form, please email HREnquiries@wokingham.gov.uk or call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 710656
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.