LSCB Training and Development Manager
PO5 Starting salary £43,503 pa rising in annual increments to £46,347 pa incl. LW
Lambeth Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) is a well-established Board with strong and clear ambitions for helping and safeguarding children and young people in this diverse, vibrant but sometimes challenging borough. We are now in the 2^nd year of our three year strategy which is focussing on ‘effectively safeguarding those who are most vulnerable and at risk to ensure they feel safe and are safe from harm’.
With nearly a third of a million residents and a large population of children, young people and families, Lambeth is a place where communities are strong and where there are high ambitions for all children and young people. We have made significant strides over the past 2-3 years in improving the quality and impact of multi agency work. We want to build on these changes, moving forward at pace to improve outcomes for children. Lambeth’s recently agreed Children and Young People’s Plan provides the overarching framework for driving forward positive change and improvement.
In 2017, we launched our 2 year Young People at Risk Strategy which sets out the LSCB’s resolve that children and young people in Lambeth should be free from the risk of:
- Child Sexual Exploitation and abuse
- Serious Youth Violence
- Missing from home, care and/or education
- Gangs and/or ‘county lines’
- The LSCB is seeking an experienced Training and Development Manager to design and support the delivery of our multi agency training programme.
- Do you have experience in a fast paced L&D role?
- Can you demonstrate energy and a willingness to help people develop?
- Can you design engaging training content?
- Are you a team player and excellent communicator?
- Have experience working with E Learning tools?
The successful candidate will also need a deep knowledge of operational and strategic safeguarding issues, and of wider issues affecting partner agencies, including health, social care, police, education and schools, and voluntary and community sectors.
Working as part of our People Team you will…
- Assist in the design of new programmes to ensure a blended learning approach is used to meet the needs of our partners
- Design a suite of E-Learning modules to support learning in line with business needs
- Conduct training evaluation and measure the impact of programmes
- Administer the internal learning management system to track the learning, supporting compliance and mandatory requirements
- Pro-actively maintain up to date knowledge of L&D technology and provide insights and recommendations to support the L&D strategy
Closing date for receiving completed applications is Monday 7 January 2019 at midnight.
Interviews will be held on 25 January 2019.
Please download the job description and person specification via this link