Digital and ICT Programme Manager (PO8) (Fixed term 12 months) with possibility of further extension.
£48,495 - £51,453
Welcome to Waltham Forest, east London’s cultural hotspot and one of the greenest and fastest growing areas in the capital. With fantastic connectivity, huge investment potential and limitless ambition we are fast becoming well known for economic growth and regeneration.
Over the past few years Waltham Forest has changed drastically as a place. Good schools, great parks, excellent culture facilities, mass regeneration and budding community entrepreneurial ship are making us a place that people want to call home. Our ambition is that everybody in Waltham Forest enjoys a quality life.
Waltham Forest is London’s Borough of Culture for 2019 and we are busy creating a Council for the future. It’s an exciting time, and this is your chance to join an ambitious, customer focused Digital and ICT department during a time of change and transformation.
At Waltham Forest we are 100% committed to providing our residents and local businesses with seamless, intuitive digital customer experiences. As one of the most creative boroughs in London we are focussed on transforming the way our residents connect with the world around them, and with us.
So we need to make sure the Waltham Forest digital experience is the very best it can be. And that means supporting services and people in a culture that puts customers first.
As an experienced Digital Programme Manager you will lead, motivate and develop digital project teams to deliver digital services, tools and interactions that will shape the customer experience we offer our residents in digital channels.
Your highly developed programme management skills and can-do approach will drive the delivery of our Digital Strategy, bringing to life how technology and innovation can enable us to rethink and improve the way we deliver to our community. You’ll manage project resource and multiple projects from conception to implementation with a variety of budgets and durations to drive continuous improvement.
If you have energy and passion, and are ready to lead a dynamic digital programme team to achieve our vision of delivering amazing digital and ICT services that will help change people’s lives then this job is for you.
- Experience of leading large scale digital programmes of change or multiple digital projects at one time, working to time, budget and quality in a large organisation while managing competing demand
- You have lead a team of professionals in a matrix environment with some with direct line management responsibilities
- Experience and a strong grasp of working on a variety of digital and business change projects, ideally from a large and complex organisation
- You will need a recognised programme or project management accreditation: Agile Certified is desirable.
- Experience in building strong and lasting relationships with stakeholders at all levels, ensuring that the programme vision is delivered smoothly and effectively
- You will have knowledge and hands on experience of leading agile teams in a fast-paced agile environment.
- You will be a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to challenge and influence others, develop and maintain collaborative working relations across Digital, IT and non-Digital departments.
- Experienced people manager. Ensure the digital team is high performing and following agile methodologies
- An excellent communicator, able to understand the end user requirements and articulate them clearly to a technical and non-technical audience
- Self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to challenge and influence others as well as supporting colleagues and staff to be the best they can be
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, coupled with a strong focus on the delivery of the objective
- High level, inter-personal and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to liaise at a senior level internally and externally.
Waltham Forest offers something for everyone! As an employer of choice we offer a great benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package £48,495 - £51,453
- Flexible working including working from home
- Attractive pension scheme
- Season tickets and travel card loans
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounts on local restaurants and bars
For more information on how to apply and why you should join London Borough of Waltham Forest please get in contact with Rumsha Khan.