Southcote Primary School
Our friendly school is looking to appoint a Finance Assistant to join our busy office team to help ensure the efficient running of the school.
Duties will include:
- Processing orders for goods and services
- Payment & raising of invoices
- Receiving and reconciling payments in respect of school activities including school lettings
- Assisting with the monthly reconciliation of the bank statement and other monthly financial returns
- Booking training events for all staff
- Assisting the SBM with HR data and records & processing documentation
- Dealing with & responding to a variety of contact from external sources including direct, telephone & written/e-mail correspondence, ensuring clear precise and accurate information.
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Your experience of working in a school or office
- That you are able to prioritise and plan workload to meet deadlines
- An ability to work on your own initiative but also work well as part of a team
A good knowledge of Microsoft Office software particularly excel is essential and previous accounting software desirable, experience of Capita SIMS/FMS software is an advantage.
Southcote Primary School:
“Pupils really enjoy being part of the community and they are complimentary about the effective support they receive from staff.” Ofsted 2017
Katesgrove Primary School:
“Pupils want to come to school to learn, and families know that once their children are at school, they are safe, nurtured and well educated”. Ofsted 2017
Application packs are available on the school website. Please email completed applications to federationHR@katesgrove.reading.sch.uk
Closing date: 14 December 2018
Interview date: TBC
The Kennet Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check, appropriate references and health clearance.