We are expanding our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Team within Thurrock Council’s children’s services and are currently recruiting for two further SEND Case Officers to join the team.
As a SEND Case Officer you will:
- Undertake and deliver SEND Casework to high standards to fully meet the Local Authority statutory functions in terms of quality and timescales.
- Represent the Local Authority and liaise with Parents, Young People, Schools, Academies and all professionals involved in the completion and amendment of Education Health Care Plans, including issues of Resources and Placement.
- Be responsible for monitoring children and young people with Education Health Care Plans who are out of school, ensuring they receive their educational entitlement and that admission to school is effected as soon as possible.
- Have a knowledge of the SEND statutory framework and Education Health Care Plan processes.
- Be committed to supporting an equal opportunity strategy that works to resolve inequalities experienced by those in contact with the SEN Service.
A full list of the experience, skills and abilities required, along with the profile of the job, can be found in the below document.
In return Thurrock Council offer a competitive salary and benefits including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement – 25 days rising to 30 after 5 years’ service
- Flexible working to enable work life balance
- Reflective supervision and management support
- Excellent training opportunities and an established CPD programme
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required at an Enhanced Level for this post.
Please note interviews for these posts will be taking place week commencing 7th January.
Our vision – An ambitious and collaborative community which is proud of its heritage and excited by its diverse opportunities and future.
Thurrock is an exciting place to live and work. We are an emerging cultural and arts centre, home to the production centre for the Royal Opera House and the National Skills Academy for Creative and Cultural Skills. We have retail and leisure that is among the best, with the magnificent intu Lakeside, and breath-taking countryside all around. There is over 1,000 acres of land ready for commercial development and there are likely to be 30,000 new homes built with transport links that can get you into London and other parts of the UK quickly and easily.
We are an area of massive growth; £6bn has already been invested by the private sector in Thurrock. We have seen 7,000 new jobs created, with a further 30,000 anticipated in the next 20 years, and 1,170 new businesses in the borough, with leading centres in ports and logistics, retail and creative industries.
Thurrock Council is an Investors in People (IIP) Gold accredited organisation and committed to equal opportunities. As a Disability Confident Employer, disabled people will be offered an interview where they meet all essential criteria on the person specification. We champion flexible working and job share applications are welcome.
We serve a diverse community where people are different yet equal. Diversity underpins everything we do.
How to Apply
Please apply online by clicking Apply. Please note, we do not accept CVs. If you have any difficulties in submitting an application form please email email@example.com.