Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
We are seeking a knowledgeable individual for this role of Clerk of Works (Planned Maintenance & Renewal Programme)!
The role of Clerk of Works (Planned Maintenance & Renewal Programme) will involve overseeing and monitoring the quality of the planned works programme.
This position is based at the Civic Centre, and involves quality control of works programmes, undertaking the certification and inspections of all planned works and delivering an improved return on significant planned works programmes. Responsibilities will include ensuring compliance with key policy and procedure, undertaking site visits and inspections and monitoring contractor's performance to ensure high quality installation works. This role will also be responsible for reviewing and formulating key data for the development of policies, contracts, technical assessments and documents, relating to the Planned Maintenance and Renewal Programmes.As Clerk of Works, you will undertake contract management and support the planned works manager.
About the person
Previous experience in a project management position and quality control within a construction, surveying or property environment, working alongside contractors would be an excellent fit for this position.
You will be working with a range of stakeholders including colleagues, directors, other departments within London Borough of Hillingdon (such as procurement, finance and human resources), residents, resident associations, representative bodies, contractors and consultants, so it is essential that you have excellent communication and influencing skills, to allow you to develop contacts and relationships with customer and client groups.
Other important skills would include:· trade or building related experience
· resource and finance management
· project management
· teamwork and relationship building
· knowledge of relevant legislation and regulation
· attention to detail
· strong communication (by phone, email, letter and face-to-face)
You must be motivated to deliver results, and will be expected to take ownership of your personal development and the implementation of improvement initiatives. We strive to ensure that we continuously improve our service, and we need you to support us in this.
The Clerk of Works (Planned Repairs and Renewal Programme) is a key role, and we are looking for somebody who can work flexibly, as the service demands. This can include working outside usual office hours, and at different geographical locations. The work is busy and has lots of variety, with a range of challenges - but you will also be rewarded by playing a key role in enabling the team to deliver a high quality repairs service.
(Please be advised that this role requires a driving license, and access to a vehicle at all times.)
If this is the type of career path you have been searching for, and you believe you meet our criteria (as outlined in the Person Specification), we look forward to receiving your application!
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Disability Confident Employer & Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy