Whiston Worrygoose Junior and Infant School
Hall Close Avenue
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational Year 1 or EYFS practitioner to join our team at Whiston Worrygoose Junior and Infant School from January 2019. We have recently been appointed as one of the first 32 English Hub schools and as such now need to grow our team further to provide the additional capacity to meet the requirements of being an English Hub. The job will initially be offered on a temporary basis until August 2019. However, we are confident this post may become a permanent position due to the high number of commitments the school now has to support others. We are also part of the White Woods Primary Academy Trust and are a National Teaching School and National Support School.
The successful candidate will be placed in Year 1. We welcome applications from both NQTs and experienced teachers.
We are looking for someone who:
- Believes reading is the key to a good curriculum
- Wants to engage with current educational research and development
- Is an inspirational teacher who demands high expectations of learners
- Has good knowledge of synthetic phonics
- Holds a passionate belief in the inclusion of all children and the ability to respond to the challenge of inclusion
- Has good classroom management skills
- Can use assessment to move children’s learning forward
- Has good planning and preparation skills
- Has a strong commitment to working in partnership with pupils, staff, governors, parents and the community
- Is enthusiastic, resourceful, passionate and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved.
We can offer:
- a supportive, warm and welcoming ethos
- A CPD package that is second to none
- enthusiastic children
- A leadership team who are committed to staff well-being and promoting a healthy work life balance
- dedicated staff committed to achieving high standards
Visits are warmly encouraged to our school. If you are interested in the post, please contact Kerry Ferris on 01709 541878 to arrange a visit. Alternatively, if you are unable to visit you are welcome to contact the Headteacher on the same number for an informal chat about the role.
Closing date: Friday 14th December 2018.
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 17th December 2018
The application form and job details are available by clicking the links on the right of the screen. You must complete our application form to be considered for this post. Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
The academy values diversity and promotes equality and will guarantee an interview to disabled candidates if the essential job criteria is met.
White Woods Primary Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.