We have various opportunities available.
Key benefits – Why work for Rotherham?
- Strong support from your Manager
- You will be developed into an excellent practitioner – access to an extensive range of in-house and external training.
- Developing your Social Work skills around safeguarding, Best Interest Assessor role, Continuing Health Care
- Career Pathway
- The opportunity to make a real difference adults and their families in Rotherham
ABOUT THE TEAM
An excellent opportunity has arisen within Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council. We are looking to recruit social workers covering all levels of experience. The posts sit within Locality teams currently based in Maltby Service Centre which provide social work support to adults of working age and above from the age of 18 years.
As a team we strive to uphold and promote human rights and undertake strengths- based outcome focussed practice. We seek to promote independence and resilience and ensure that rights are upheld by working in partnership with individuals that use services, their families and their representatives. We recognise people as experts of their own lives and believe everyone has the right to live their life free from abuse. We value community and work with a range of partners such as health and housing departments to achieve better outcomes for the people we work with.
Candidates will have a sound working knowledge of the Care Act 2014; Making Safeguarding Personal and the Mental Capacity Act 2005. It is essential that the post holder has a thorough understanding of empowerment and risk enablement.
Applicants will hold a professional Social Work qualification (CQSW, Dip SW, CSS, Social work degree or equivalent) and have the relevant post qualification experience. Applicants must be registered as a Social Worker with the HCPC.
- You will have experience of working Adults
- You will have knowledge and application of relevant legislation, guidance and procedures
- You will have experience of commissioning services in a statutory social work setting
- You will have experience of assessments and reviews of adults
- You will have the ability to build a rapport and develop a relationship with adults people with disabilities, including ascertaining views, wishes and feelings
- You will have experience of or an active interest in working with people with a Learning Disability
- You will have experience of working in partnership with customers and carers
- You will be able to work together with multi-agency partners, particularly in relation to health services & Continuing Health Care
- You will be passionate about maximising independence
If you have any questions regarding the roles please email them to :
Elaine.email@example.com or telephone 01709 334705
Pamela.firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01709 334739
Rebecca.email@example.com or telephone 01709 255375