This is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest – London’s first Borough of Culture. We are busy creating a Council for the future and this is your chance to join an ambitious, customer focussed Digital team during a time of change and transformation.
Waltham Forest is east London’s cultural hotspot and one of the greenest and fastest growing areas in the capital. With fantastic connectivity, huge investment potential and limitless ambition we are fast becoming well known for economic growth and regeneration.
Over the past few years Waltham Forest has changed drastically as a place. Good schools, great parks, excellent culture facilities, mass regeneration and budding community entrepreneurial ship are making us a place that people want to call home. Our ambition is that everybody in Waltham Forest enjoys a quality life.
At Waltham Forest we are 100% committed to providing our residents and local businesses with seamless, intuitive digital customer experiences. As one of the most creative boroughs in London we are focussed on transforming the way our residents connect with the world around them, and with us.
So we need to make sure the Waltham Forest digital experience is the very best it can be. And that means supporting services and people in a culture that puts customers first.
As the Digital QA & Test Officer you will create client facing test strategies and test cases to support website upgrades and patches, and digital service product launches and improvements. You will have excellent attention to detail, be familiar with writing and implementing test cases that can adapt as services evolve and requirements change, and be able to identify risks and communicate issues within a release cycle in a clear and concise way.
You’ll thrive using agile methods and enjoy working openly, collaboratively and as part of a multidisciplinary team focused on one or more projects at a time. Above all, you want to make Waltham Forest better, and you’ll be focussed on ensuring key services and customer journeys are always running at their best.
If you have energy and passion, and believe in our vision of delivering amazing digital services that will help change people’s lives then this job is for you.
Key knowledge, skills and experience required
- Demonstrated QA and testing experience, with the ability to identify and document both cosmetic and functional defects.
- Skilled in various types of testing including functional, performance, resilience, risk based and exploratory.
- Proven ability to create, plan and execute appropriate test plans for all types of change.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to document issues and defects, track these defects to resolution and provide metrics for continuous quality improvement.
- Proven ability to create and maintain test documentation, including scripts (automated and manual), processes and procedures.
- High degree of endurance and flexibility to work through multiple iterations of digital services and updates quickly, managing changing priorities and diverse subject matters.
- Experienced in managing a mixed and varied workload of conflicting priorities, responding effectively to the needs of services and digital team. You will understand the trade off between velocity and perfection.
- Excellent written communication skills, especially around technical subjects with the ability to break down issues to non-technical people as required.
- Familiar with working in an agile environment and of software development processes
- Experienced in using bug tracking software such as Jira.
Waltham Forest offers something for everyone. As an employer of choice we offer a great benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working including working from home
- Attractive pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket and travel card loans
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff development and training
- Discounts at local restaurants and bars
- A staff benefits portal with over 6000 deals on popular retailers and brands