Apprentice Electricians will work alongside our Electricians under the line management of the Works Supervisor within the Housing Repairs team.
Your main duties will include the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical systems and appliances in council housing and other public buildings in all areas of the borough to the work schedules provided.
During your apprenticeship you will learn and develop the engineering knowledge, understanding, technical and practical skills necessary to become a qualified Electrician including:
- principles, practices and legislation applying to electrical systems
- installation of wiring systems and Electrotechnical equipment in buildings
- diagnose and correct electrical faults
- planning and maintenance of electrical systems
- health and safety, environmental and wiring regulations for electricians
You will complete the level 3 Installation electrician/maintenance electrician standard with North Warwickshire and Hinckley College. This will include day release at the North Warwickshire and Hinckley College (Nuneaton campus) and access to normal student discounts and benefits.
The role is based at the Jubilee Building, Harrowbrook Industrial Estate, Hinckley, LE10 3DU but this job will involve daily travel around the borough.
You will be working alongside council Electricians and trade staff so a driving license is not essential to the role however you must ensure that you are able to get to and from our Jubilee Building site.