Senior Civil Enforcement Officer (Ref: SCEO)
40 hours per week
Salary £21,500 p.a.
Broxbourne Borough Council is seeking to recruit a Senior Civil Enforcement Officer to assist the Parking Services Supervisor in the day to day organisation of the Civil Enforcement team. The Council has responsibility for enforcing both on and off street parking restrictions within the Borough. This new role provides an excellent opportunity for an existing Civil Enforcement Officer to develop their career. The role requires:
- Working a four weekly rota for 40 hours per week, 5 days a week, covering weekdays between 6am–10pm and at weekends 8am–10pm
- Issuing work instructions to the Civil Enforcement Officers and co-ordinating the team and their rotas
- Assistance in training Civil Enforcement Officers
- Supervisor’s absence cover
- Responsibility for enforcing parking legislation and the Council’s policies in respect of parking controls, issuing Penalty Charge Notices to vehicles in contravention of the regulations, as well as authorising vehicles for removal
- Patrolling in all weathers throughout the Borough
- Checking pay and display equipment and reporting faults
- Reporting environmental damage noticed during duty
- Use of hand held computers (training will be provided if necessary)
- A full driving licence
Successful candidates will have previous experience in parking enforcement and in issuing work instructions. The role requires dealing with members of the public in sometimes difficult situations, so the ability to converse at ease and provide advice to members of the public in fluent English is essential for this post, as are good interpersonal and customer care skills. There is a requirement to work unsupervised so the ability to use initiative is also essential.
This role requires a disclosure and barring service check as it involves working with children or vulnerable clients. We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free membership to the Council’s local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services.
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Council’s website.
Application forms must be submitted online by 28 February 2019 quoting the above reference.
Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: email@example.com