Are you looking for a career working for a good Local Authority within an established, stable and high performing Service?
Do you have a track record of excellence in children’s social work?
The Quality Assurance and Safeguarding Service in West Berkshire is looking for an Independent Reviewing Officer/Child Protection Chair with the commitment and passion to ensure the best possible outcomes for children and young people are delivered across the locality.
Along with being highly motivated and enthusiastic, you will also need to be Social Work qualified and HCPC registered, with significant post-qualification experience and sound knowledge of the regulations, guidance and legislation relating to looked after children and child protection.
Your role will involve:
• Undertaking statutory reviews for children in care
• Chairing child protection conferences
• Providing scrutiny and challenge to the work of our children’s social care teams
• Ensuring the statutory reviews of Looked After Children and Child Protection Conferences are completed within timescales and to high standards.
• Ensuring all voices are heard, managing conflict and disagreement effectively, offering constructive challenge to ensure all risks are managed.
• Taking the lead in promoting and further developing high standards in review processes and child protection conferences through quality assurance monitoring and training within Children's Services and with partner agencies.
• At times stepping in and assisting the Local Authority Designated Officer in the management of allegations made against professionals.
• Having the confidence and skill to build strong, professional relationships across the wider children’s workforce.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 26 days per annum rising to a maximum of 34 days, depending on how long you’ve worked for us and the grade of your job.
For more information or an informal discussion about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org