Salary from £33,285 - £39,543 + Market Supplement of £10,000 pa and Retention bonus of £2,000 per annum (conditions apply)*.
At Thurrock we encourage and empower our social workers and senior practitioners to spend more time undertaking meaningful interventions with families and having quality contact with children, and to be passionate about the children and young people they are responsible for. We believe that continuity and creativity are central to Thurrock Childrens Social Care, having a positive impact on children and their families and offering a rewarding environment for staff.
As a Senior Practitioner in the Team for Disabled Children, you will need to have at least 2 years post qualification experience in a relevant sector, excellent communication skills and proven track record of working on complex cases.
You will need knowledge and experience of:
- Undertaking single assessments
- Implementing and reviewing care plans
- Undertaking Section 47 investigations
- CIN, LAC, CP, CSE, EHCP and PLO processes
- Completing risk assessments
- Undertaking duty tasks
- In-depth knowledge of relevant legislation
- Liaising with Clients and Professionals / Agencies
- Experience of working with Children with complex needs and communication challenges.
You will need to have a current registration with HCPC.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at an enhanced level is required for this role.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits including:
- Market Supplement payment of up £10,000 per annum performing to the set objectives (applicable after 6 months service and subject to performance and continued corporate approval*)
- Retention payment up to £2,000 per annum
- Accessible management support and regular reflective supervision
- Excellent training opportunities and an established CPD programme
- Generous annual leave entitlement – 25 days rising to 30 after 5 years’ service
- Flexible working to enable work life balance
- Relocation packages
Our vision – An ambitious and collaborative community which is proud of its heritage and excited by its diverse opportunities and future.
Thurrock is an exciting place to live and work. We are an emerging cultural and arts centre, home to the production centre for the and the . We have retail and leisure that is among the best, with the magnificent , and breath-taking countryside all around. There is over 1,000 acres of land ready for commercial development and there are likely to be 30,000 new homes built with transport links that can get you into London and other parts of the UK quickly and easily.
We are an area of massive growth; £6bn has already been invested by the private sector in Thurrock. We have seen 7,000 new jobs created, with a further 30,000 anticipated in the next 20 years, and 1,170 new businesses in the borough, with leading centres in ports and logistics, retail and creative industries.
Thurrock Council is an Investors in People (IIP) Gold accredited organisation and committed to equal opportunities. As a Disability Confident Employer, disabled people will be offered an interview where they meet all essential criteria on the person specification. We champion flexible working and job share applications are welcome.
We serve a diverse community where people are different yet equal. Diversity underpins everything we do.
How to Apply
Please apply online by clicking Apply. If you have any difficulties in submitting an application form please email .
For an informal discussion, please contact Paula Gates- Team Manager on 01375 659637