Please note this is a temporary vacancy for 4 months from December 2018 until March 2019. Although these are full time roles, part time hours will also be considered.
ECC is transforming to be far more proactive and our new model centres on a transformational shift from focussing on long term care and support to early intervention, recovery and enabling people to live independently for as long as possible. Our mission is to make the best and most sustainable use of all resources available to the adult, their families and carers; to ensure they have access to information and tools to enable them to live healthily and independently for as long as possible; and, to exercise choice and control over their lives, while ensuring safety, dignity and quality of life for all the adults we work with, including those in need of long term care.
Essex County Council are seeking skilled Social Workers to support with our Adult Social Care response to meeting the additional demands over winter. We are seeking Social Workers that are skilled and passionate in supporting adults within our early intervention service, with a focus on recovery and enablement. This will provide you with the opportunity to work within our innovative and dynamic teams, enabling you to develop your practice and contribute to shaping social work practice.
- Degree in social work
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement
- Current registration with the HCPC
- Experience within a social care setting with evidence of challenging social and family situations
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals
- Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for children and vulnerable adults
- Understand the financial implications of care packages commissioned
- Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on 033 005 83330*
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.