Please note this is a temporary vacancy for 4 months from December 2018 until March 2019. Although these are full time roles, part time hours will also be considered.
Essex County Council are seeking skilled Social Workers to support with our Adult Social Care response to meeting the additional support needs of adults during winter. We are seeking staff who are skilled and passionate in supporting adults in an early intervention model, with a focus on ensuring the adult is appropriately connected to community provision, is in control of their life and health, and has their eligible care, support and health care needs met.
West Essex has a large, dynamic and busy Early Intervention and Recovery team - these teams comprise of a Team Manager, a Deputy Team Manager, Senior Social Care staff, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Community Support Workers. The team follows on from the work of our Social Care Connects service and provides face to face and crisis services for adults who need assessment or support with managing their urgent care needs. Work will be split between planned interventions and urgent requests for support and assessment, and will place an emphasis on admission avoidance and safe turnaround for the duration of the winter months.
There are strong and growing links to our community health partners, and there is also a strong Discharge to Assessment pathway operating locally, ensuring that adults who require acute hospital care are supported home safely.
- Degree in social work
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement.
- Current registration with the HCPC
- Experience within a social care setting with evidence of challenging social and family situations
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals
- Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for children and vulnerable adults
- Understand the financial implications of care packages commissioned.
- Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.