This role will be covering Older Adults within the Mental Health Team for the North of Essex but based at Essex House Colchester.
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
ECC is transforming to be far more proactive and our new model centres on a transformational shift from focussing on long term care and support to early intervention, recovery and enabling people to live independently for as long as possible. Our mission is to make the best and most sustainable use of all resources available to the adult, their families and carers; to ensure they have access to information and tools to enable them to live healthily and independently for as long as possible; and, to exercise choice and control over their lives, while ensuring safety, dignity and quality of life for all the adults we work with, including those in need of long term care.
- Manage demand through the effective use of the Good Lives models and wider community assets
- Provide targeted information, advice and guidance
- Ensure people vulnerable because of their mental health condition are able to regain their life skills and independence
- Deliver community engagement opportunities
- Reduce the use of secondary mental health care and hospital admissions
- Stabilising chaotic lives, preventing needs from escalating
- Establish strong an dynamic links with our community partners
The role will provide a social care service to adults who are vulnerable due to their mental health difficulties working across internal and external partners and will have responsibility for the practice development of others within the team.
If you require further information about the role then please contact Christina Collins on 07809 314750 or Craig Mitchell on 07827083905
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Diploma / Degree in Social Work
- HCPC registered
- Case load management in line with the Care Act
- Skills in assessment and Safeguarding reviews whilst promoting re-ablement and telecare service
- Experience of working within mental health services is desirable.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage your own time
- Ability to engage and influence with multiple agencies
- Evidence of continuing professional development
As part of employment with ECC should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
ECC is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
ECC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on 033 005 83330*
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.