We are able to offer full time, part time and bank contracts.
£16,743 per annum for working 36 hours per week. £8,371.50 per annum for working 18 hour per week. (Example shift 10pm - 7am).
£8.92 per hour plus £1.25 per hour leave entitlement (14%) for bank contracts.
Mallow Crescent, 25 - 30 Mallow Crescent, Burpham, Guildford, GU4 7BU.
Rodney House, Newhall Gardens, Rodney Road, Walton-on-Thames, KT12 3LE.
Arundel House, 34 Garratts Lane, Banstead, SM7 2EB.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave for full time staff or pro rata for part time staff, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for these roles.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
About the Role
Are you enthusiastic with common sense and an aptitude for working with people?
Are you ready to make a difference in someone’s life?
We are looking for reliable and committed Night Care Assistants to attend to the care needs of individuals during the night and to ensure a safe environment is maintained. Promoting independence, choice and control for individuals is at the heart of this post. You should have confidence to use your initiative and make decisions independently as this role involves lone working. Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary, as well as the ability to record information accurately and follow guidelines, risk assessments and support plans.
Night Care Assistants provide all areas of care at night, including:
- Supporting individuals with personal care
- Regular checks of individuals as specified in care plans
- Ensuring security checks of the building are made
- Promoting individual’s rights/choice
- Notifying the duty officer of any significant change in the individuals
- Carrying out domestic duties (including cleaning, laundry, basic food prep) as directed
- Providing drinks/snacks for individuals during the night, as appropriate
Experience is not necessary, you simply need to have the right qualities:
- Understanding of the sensitivity to the needs of people with learning disabilities
- A willingness to encourage and support people with learning disabilities
- Respect for the cultures and beliefs of the people we support
- The resilience and emotional intelligence to handle challenging situations. Every shift is different and can throw up its own challenges and pressures. You need to be adaptable but able to follow guidelines with a consistent, person centred approach
- A flexible attitude, both to the level of care required by the people we support as well as the time requirements of the role
Our residential homes for Adults with learning difficulties are inspected on a regular basis and we are very proud of the quality of our residential services for Adults within Surrey. As a result, we have invested in our homes and staff and plan to continue this, in order to achieve a service that is ambitious, innovative and responsive to the needs of service users within our care.
You will receive Full Induction Training (including mandatory training), as well as the opportunity to undertake further Personal Skills Training under regular staff supervision. You will complete the Care Certificate within 12 weeks of the start of your employment and are opportunities for further study are available.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Mallow Crescent - Rosie Broomer, Team Manager on 01483 455879 or by email email@example.com
Rodney House - Kim Collen, Team Manager on 01932 241219 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Arundel - Carole Gardner, Team Manager on 01737 737290 or by email email@example.com