Full time opportunity with consideration for flexible work patterns, part time or term time only applicants
Are you a creative self-starter who enjoys variety in the day to day? We’re looking for a dynamic individual to manage the marketing processes for a diverse group of education focussed services. You’ll be a marketing professional with a few years’ experience under your belt and a desire to bring your ideas to life. Education sector experience would be a bonus but is not essential. A can-do attitude is!
Waltham Forest is a vibrant borough with great transport connections to the city and beyond, making it a fantastic place to live and work. As London’s first Borough of Culture it’s an area with a lot of attention on it and a great place to gain or build public sector experience in 2019 and beyond.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, hands-on Marketing Manager to develop and deliver a dynamic marketing strategy for the council’s services to the education sector; a plan that increases customer engagement and supports services to achieve income targets and achieve growth in an increasingly competitive educational landscape. This is a significant time to be joining the team. You will have the opportunity to be involved in some pivotal projects such as the redevelopment and relaunch of the Suntrap Forest Centre, a 50 year old Waltham Forest treasure on the edge of Epping Forest. You will also be able to work with colleagues across the council to ensure our marketing plans link up with the exciting Borough of Culture programme for 2019.
You would be joining a friendly team and diverse group of services, all with the common aim of delivering excellent service to our Education customers. We work flexibly to meet the needs of our various services and customer groups and to ensure we also have a much needed, work-life balance! We benefit from a generous annual leave entitlement, subsidised gym membership, a staff benefits scheme and the local government pension scheme.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years’ professional experience within marketing/communications or a relevant degree
- Evidence of recent and relevant Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Experience of developing and delivering a marketing strategy for a diverse group of services that contributes to income targets and growth objectives and increases customer engagement.
- Experience of delivering successful marketing plans and campaigns within departmental budgets
- Adept at overseeing the creation of marketing content and collateral, working with staff, designers, printers and suppliers to bring to fruition
- Experience within the Education sector preferable
- Able to produce and present high quality written and verbal reports for various audiences based on tracked marketing and sales data
- Skilled at measuring and reporting on customer satisfaction
- Able to use customer data and insight to inform marketing and communication plans
- Understands Data Protection/GDPR and how it applies to the collection/holding of customer data
- Strong working knowledge of web/digital marketing
- Excellent writing, language, proof-reading and communications skills
- Able to carry out benchmarking and market research activities that result in identifying opportunities for growth or additional income
- Able to multitask and prioritise various workloads effectively, delivering to deadline with minimal supervision; enjoys variety
- Demonstrates exceptional skills in stakeholder engagement and customer care
- Approachable, friendly and enjoys working with others to develop their skills and champion best practice within marketing and customer engagement across the organisation
- Able to confidently represent the organisation at key events
- A flexible approach to work; able to work from different locations
- Must hold a full drivers’ licence and have access to a car for work purposes
Please ensure your application includes your full CV and demonstrates how you meet all aspects of Knowledge, Skills and Experience. More information is available in the attached Role Profile. You can contact Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.