The London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and the London Borough of Wandsworth present a unique opportunity to be part of a team who are working together to create a ground-breaking Shared Staffing Arrangement (SSA) across both boroughs.
The Authorities have committed to delivering a predominantly in-house Facilities Management Service with a single team operating across both boroughs, Facilities Management Team sits in the Property Services Department within the Housing and Regeneration Directorate.
The service delivers a wide range of Facilities Management Services ranging from mechanical, electrical and building fabric maintenance, statutory compliance, building cleaning, porterage, security, catering, printing and events management. The Head of FM is responsible for an in-house service of up to 100 directly employed staff as well as specialist contracts.
We are looking to appoint four Electrical engineers responsible for provision of specialist electrical support to the FM Building Services function. This will include electrical testing and/or repairs and replacements to the following system types;
- Lighting internal and external, street and path lighting
- Power including 3 Phase
- Switchgear and associated equipment
- Heating and ventilation systems
- Addressable Fire Alarm Systems
- Emergency lighting systems
- Intruder alarm systems
- Automatic door gear and door access systems
- Motor Control Gear including Inverter Drives
- Plant controllers e.g. pressurisation units, compressors
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
- Industrial and domestic boilers.
- Industrial and domestic hobs, ovens and cookers
- Minor works installations
In addition to the technical skill above the candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A full Clean UK driving license
- Current valid 17th edition electrical training certificate
- Membership to relevant trade body
- Excellent customer service and user liaison skills
- Politically aware
If you want to know more about this opportunity then please telephone Rob Sims, Building Services Manager on 020 8891 7055 for an informal discussion.
Please apply on-line at jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk
Closing date: 30 August 2018