Digital Content Officer
One year Fixed Term Contract (subject to review)
Salary from £22,740 to £24,894 pa
We recognise the importance of making our customers lives easier by making sure the services we offer online are easy to access and use. The look, feel and content of our website is crucial if we are to achieve this.
We are therefore looking for a great communicator to work within our busy communications team to continually improve and develop the council’s website. The Digital Content Officer is a new post created to shape and drive forward the council’s online content and digital presence, ensuring the right tone of voice, brand look, feel and messaging is used at all times.
This role will provide a consistent voice of the council on its website by making sure web content is well written, uses plain English, adheres to house styles and follows accessibility best practice and standards.
The ideal candidate will:
- have an eye for detail, excellent grammar and a passion for writing in an engaging way
- play a key role in delivering content for our website and other digital channels
- increase awareness and understanding of the importance of our online brand
- have a good working knowledge of SEO and web accessibility guidelines
- have experience of using google analytics and content management systems
- have the ability to form good relationships with a range of different stakeholders
For an informal discussion please contact: Dean Spurrell, Communications and Marketing Manager on 01233 330647.
Closing date: 02.12.2018
To view a job description please visit the jobs page of our website and complete an online application form at www.ashford.gov.uk/jobs
Ashford Borough Council recognises the need to ensure the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults when they come into contact with the services we provide