This is an exciting time to join the Housing Department as it is undergoing a transformation project called ‘getting our house in order’. We have ambitious plans to improve and transform services for our customers.
The Council is seeking to recruit a full-time Housing Options Administrator for a fixed term of 12 months. You will be responsible for core administrative duties, including assessment of housing register applications, as well as engaging with colleagues to ensure effective rent management and allocations of housing.
You will also need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working in the field of housing (minimum 1 year)
- The ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail, in particular numerical work
- Customer focus
- Negotiation skills
- The ability to advocate on behalf of our customers
- You must have a valid full driving licence and use of own vehicle
Starting salary dependent upon skills and qualifications, progression subject to satisfactory performance.
For an informal discussion please contact Mr Stuart Morris on 01277 312500 or
Brentwood Council is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. People with disabilities will be offered an interview where they meet the Essential Criteria on the Person Specification.