We now have an opportunity for a part time Business Support Officer for our Contact Service.
In Brighton & Hove we have introduced our Team Around the Relationship Model to enable us to continue to support safe and stable family lives. Our Business Support service is essential to our relationship based model and we believe that investing in our business support is key to supporting frontline staff who are focusing on the work with children, young people and families.
This role will provide and build on the necessary skills and experience for a career in social work support and to understand the key role the Business Support Officer plays in achieving outcomes.
You will provide a pro-active administrative support service to the Contact Service in a busy and pressurised office environment.
You will need to be highly organised and have an ability to work both independently and as part of a team. You will need to enjoy solving problems and managing an evolving workload so computer literacy, knowledge of software programmes and good time-management skills are essential.
You will have experience of working in a busy office environment with the ability to prioritise your workload around the demands of the service while still managing to meet strict deadlines. This role involves the use of various computer packages and requires you to be able to monitor and analyse data for your team as well as running reports to ensure adherence to statutory deadlines.
Interview Date: 26th and 27th November 2018.
Main advert detail
The primary role of a Contact Business Support Officer is to:
- Support the Contact Co-ordinator with the organisation and scheduling of supervised contact.
- Give a warm and friendly welcome to children and their families using the contact centre.
Main Tasks involve
-Frequent communication (telephone calls and email) with contact staff, social workers, foster carers, birth parents and guardians regarding contact arrangements.
-Updating information on council IT systems and Microsoft office (word, excel) databases.
-Monitoring timely submission of Contact Recordings.
-Attending meetings and Minute taking.
-Maintaining health and safety standards in the contact centre buildings.
Key skills you can offer:
- A flexible, adaptable approach to work with ability to multi task effectively according to business priorities
- Ability to deal with confidential information tactfully and with discretion
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in business support duties including arranging and minuting meetings, minutes
- Competent in working with Outlook and Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to deal with confidential information tactfully and with discretion.
- Inputting and retrieval of data on service based IT system
Our offer to Business Support Officers:
-career average pension scheme
- 23 days leave a year, rising to 27 days after 5 years service
- Being an active part of group supervisions
- 1-2-1 support from your Business Support Manager
- A programme of learning and development opportunities through our Learning Gateway
- An online toolbox of resources to support the work of the Business Support Officer
- Peer support from other business support colleagues across the service
- Benefits such as: bus ticket and cycle loans; reduced cost gym membership with Freedom Leisure.
Please note that the salary is pro-rata.
For further information please contact:
Michelle Kybett, Contact Co-Ordinator
Telephone: 01273 296522
Brighton & Hove City Council does not accept CV or resume.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.