Business and Finance Apprenticeship Pathway
Salary: Training Grade LLW £18,615 p.a.
Location: Islington Council, 7 Newington Barrow Way, N7 7EP
Hours : Full time 35 hours per week
Islington Council offers a wide range of high quality Apprenticeship Pathways that combine working in a great job, comprehensive training and development opportunities and a competitive salary.
Our Business and Finance Apprenticeship Pathway consists of an 18-month opportunity to build on your organisational and communication skills and apply your ‘can-do’ attitude whilst working towards a level 2 Business Administration qualification. Following the initial application process, the 2 successful applicants will join the Financial Operations division within Islington Council where you will gain a good understanding of administration procedures relating to the Council’s Financial Operations.
The Job - Working within the Financial Operations division for the Council you will:
- Responding to enquiries from the public on a busy phone line;
- Arrange and schedule diaries for our visiting officers;
- Assist with internal post duties;
- Liaise with other teams within the council and external organisations;
- Deliver a range of administrative functions such as diary management, photocopying, scanning and filing.
- Provide exemplary customer service in responding to requests for information in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Maintain and update records and support teams with data entry and numerical data
- Complete reconciliations on client accounts & provider payments.
- Develop professional relationships with your own team and with others who we work alongside and provide services to.
- Build on your existing communication skills, gain invaluable experience and build your self-confidence through your day-to-day workplace activities.
Training and Development – Within your role you will:
- Complete a Level 2 Business administration qualification funded by the Council. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks in the workplace (depending on specific course requirement).
- Join the Apprenticeship Pathway personal and professional development programme that will involve a series of varied development activities and events throughout your year with the Council.
Working in Islington Council
We appreciate and value our employees and recognise the importance of a motivated and supported workforce. We will support your development through the activities mentioned above and through the ongoing support of your manager and a mentoring programme. In addition to the competitive salary and excellent annual leave package the organisation offers a wide range of benefits such as; discounted gym memberships, tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle schemes, discounted theatre tickets and local discounts from restaurants and shops.
After you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship Pathway you will have gained valuable workplace experience and attained a professional qualification which will improve your chances of finding work either within the Council or with another employer or help you move on to a higher level apprenticeship elsewhere. You will have networked across the Council and be aware of the internal job market during your time with us and we will provide support on your approach to the wider job market as part of your development programme.
The Business and Finance Pathway is ideal for people with excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task and the motivation to contribute ideas and support their team.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you must be:
- aged 16 or above and
- unemployed (or working no more than 16 hours)
- and an Islington resident or Islington care leaver or a student at an Islington secondary school student currently or within the last 12 months.
- Have a GCSE qualification at A to C grade in Maths and English or equivalent.
- Not currently be qualified in Business Administration at level 2 or above
Closing Date: Wednesday 14th November 2018 at 23:59
Interview/Assessment Date: Tuesday 27 November 2018
Start Date: January 2018
For an informal discussion about apprenticeships at Islington council please contact, Herve Odimba on 020 7527 2177 or email email@example.com
If you are an Islington resident who would like support with your application please contact the iWork Team on 020 7527 3559 or email iWork@islington.gov.uK